2017 Kentuckiana PRide Festival Vendor Marketplace
Every year the festival featuring over 80 vendors including local non-profits, artists, businesses, and great food.
The Belvedere, Downtown Louisville
ABOUT THE EVENT
Kentuckiana Pride Festival is the largest LGBTQ event in Kentucky. Each year an estimated 15,000 people join us to celebrate the LGBT Community with a parade, vendor marketplace, food vendors, entertainment, and much more.
Friday June 16, 2017: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Saturday June 17, 2017: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Vendors are to operate for the full duration of the Kentuckiana Pride Festival.
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
Wednesday January 18-20, 2017
First round of vendor notifications will be sent via email.
Wednesday February 15, 2017
Second round of vendor notifications will be sent via email.
Wednesday March 15, 2017
Third round of vendor notifications will be sent via email.
Wednesday April 12, 2017
Final round of vendor notifications will be sent via email.
Saturday April 15, 2017
Vendor Payment Deadline
Tuesday May 30, 2017
Vendor load-in information emailed and vendor passes mailed
Business Booth $450 (includes 10x10 tent, 1 6' table, and 2 chairs)
Non-Profit Booth $300 (includes 10x10 tent, 1 6' table, and 2 chairs)
Business Booth $250 (includes a 10x10 space, vendor must provide everything)
Not for Profit/Artist Booth $150 ( (includes a 10x10 space, vendor must provide everything)
Food Vendor $500
**Each vendor fee includes ( 1 ) entrance band per day into Kentuckiana Pride Festival. You will be able to purchase additional entrance bands at a later date. These bands will be sent approximately 3-4 weeks prior to the event to the mailing address you provide us in the form below
**Upon acceptance into Kentuckiana Pride Festival you will have the option to purchase a 10' x 20' booth space. 10' x 20' booth spaces are limited.
**Add $45.00 if you need standard electric (110 volt). Deadline for requests is April 15, 2017.
**Add $145 if you need hardwired electric (220 volt). Deadline for requests is April 15, 2017.
**Add $100.00 if you pay for your booth space after April 15, 2017.
VENDOR TYPE DESCRIPTION
Not for Profit* Non-profits must be a registered 501c3.
Local Artisan Business* A local artisan business is considered a locally owned and operated business that sells items handcrafted by other artisans.
Artist* Individuals who handcrafted the items they will offer for sale at the event.
Artist categories are used by Kentuckiana Pride as a tool to ensure vendor diversity at the event. Please find descriptions of media categories below:
Candles: Personally concocted scent profiles and hand-poured candles/wax melts
Ceramics: All original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry is accepted in this category. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted.
Clothing: Hand-sewn articles of clothing by you.
Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image, or the manipulation of other source material, was executed by the artist using a computer. Traditional photographs taken through a digital media should apply in the photography category.
Drawing: Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayon, etc. or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category.
Fiber: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry and papermaking. This can be wearable or non-wearable.
Glass: No forms of mass production are permitted. Mass produced glassware vendors should fill out the Local Business Vendor Form.
Health/Beauty: Beauty (skincare, make up, etc) products hand-made and concocted by you. No mass-produced products are allowed.
Jewelry: All jewelry whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials must be entered in this category. No commercial casts, molds or production studio work is allowed.
Metalworks: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metals. No production studio work is allowed.
Painting: Works created in oils, acrylics, watercolor, etc. are in this category.
Paper Making/Book Arts: Hand-binded journals, notebooks, etc.
Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist’s original image, which have been processed by that artist, or under his or her direct supervision, are included in this category.
Printmaking: Printed works for which the artist’s hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category.
Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium.
Wood: Original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category.
Business* Corporate or Local Business vendors who will use their booth space for promotional purposes or sell mass-produced items
Food Vendor/Truck* A vendor who intends to sell food and beverage items for Kentuckiana Pride attendees to consume at the event.
IMPORTANT VENDOR INFORMATION
PLEASE NOTE: MARKET VENDORS (OUTSIDE OF SELECTED FOOD VENDORS) ARE PROHIBITED FROM SELLING OR GIVING AWAY FOOD AND BEVERAGES (INCLUDING WATER). PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE MARKET AGREEMENT FOR OTHER RESTRICTIONS.
Each regular booth space is 10 feet by 10 feet. Groups providing a tent it may not exceed the booth space. No staking is allowed. Ordered tents will be available by 5:00 PM on Friday and will be set up for you by our tent vendor. Overnight security is provided; however, neither the Event Producer nor any of its volunteers, employees, or agents will be responsible for any items left by the registrant on the property. Vehicle access to the Belvedere will be limited. Plan on loading and unloading at the street.
Registrants operating booths on Friday must have their booths open from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM on Friday. All registrants must have their booths open from 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM on Saturday. You will receive additional load-in and load-out details closer to the event.
Unless a prior arrangement is made ahead of time, vendor vehicles are not permitted on the property outside of load-in and load-out. Failure to comply may result in additional fees or being stuck on the property until the event concludes. Vehicles may not be moved during event times. Registrants will be responsible for any damage to city property caused by their vehicles. The Foundation is unable to assist registrants with set-up or tear-down, except to ensure all ordered services are received.
Registration fee must be paid online. The Kentuckiana Pride Foundation will not accept cash or check.
Food and beverage vendors must obtain all necessary health permits from Louisville Metro prior to Kentuckiana Pride.
Vendors must leave their space in original, clean condition.
All individuals and organizations, including non-profits, selling goods or services must request a vendor permit.
First admission is included in the fee for booth space; additional admission may be prepaid or paid at the gate.
The undersigned vendor (“Vendor”) agrees to be bound by each and every of the terms set forth herein and the terms and representations set forth in the Application, which is incorporated herein by reference as though fully set forth. If the Vendor violates any term of this agreement, JD Events and Festivals, Kentuckiana Pride Foundation and/or the authorized agents of the festival may within their sole discretion and at any time (1) terminate this agreement, (2) require Vendor, immediately upon notice of violation of this agreement, to cease operations and vacate the premises, and (3) forfeit any and all fees paid for the right and privilege of participating. This agreement represents the entire agreement between JD Events and Festivals/ Kentuckiana Pride Foundation the Vendor and may not be amended without the mutual consent of both parties set forth in writing and signed by authorized representatives of JD/Kentuckiana Pride Foundation and the Vendor.
1. We agree to provide each Vendor with an assigned 10’x10’ space(s). Vendors must supply all tables, chairs, tents, generators, and security. Unless purchased through the festival.
2. Vendor agrees to obey all rules and instructions as directed by the Festival Director during the festival weekend. Any failure to strictly adhere to such rules or instructions may result in the immediate termination of this agreement and immediate forfeiture of any and all fees.
3. Vendor hereby acknowledges its liability, and agrees to compensate Kentuckiana Pride Foundation, for any damage(s) caused by, including but not limited to, its representatives, agents, employees, volunteers, members, vehicles, equipment, materials and objects to the environs and infrastructure of city or private propriety which causes Kentuckiana Pride Foundation to pay for repair, replacement, or other remuneration.
4. As a courtesy to other vendors and festival participants, any amplified sound or loud noise from Vendor’s space is prohibited.
5. Kentuckiana Pride Foundation reserves the right to prohibit, within any booth or on the festival grounds, the display, advertisement, or other promotion of any business, company, or organization which may be in conflict with a current sponsor. Any questions concerning current sponsors should be directed to the Festival Director prior to the event.
6. Vendor shall not display, offer for view or sale any illegal or contraband items. The laws of the State of Kentucky and local ordinances of the Metropolitan Government of Louisville shall control. Vendors shall not display, offer for view or sale any items that are unlicensed and/or copies/interpretations of licensed or registered items at any site or operation of the 2017 festival.
7. Vendor understands and agrees that Kentuckiana Pride is intended to be, and at all times shall be, a family friendly event.
8. Vendor shall not sublet its space without express written consent.
9. Vendor acknowledges and understands that it is solely responsible for the collection of any sales or use taxes and shall in no way hold Kentuckiana Pride Foundation or its representatives responsible for any type of permits other than for the festival itself.
10. No refunds shall be given due to cancellation or interruption of the festival for reasons beyond the control of the Kentuckiana Pride Foundation. These reasons include, but are not limited to weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, or governmental intervention.
11. Vendor is solely responsible for the security for all its items at the festival location at all times.
12. Kentuckiana Pride makes no representation or guarantees towards actual festival attendance.
13. Vendor understands that Kentuckiana Pride Foundation has no control over weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, or governmental intervention, or any other cause that may prevent, and or interrupt, the festival weekend, and participants shall hold JD Event and Festival and the Kentuckiana Pride Foundation for any losses that could arise because of such event.
14. We reserve the right to place Vendors in booth locations at the complete discretion of the Kentuckiana Pride Foundation. Kentuckiana Pride Foundation shall have sole and complete authority to place the participant in any location contained in the Market Place, irrespective of the participant’s request.
15. Vendor upon vacating its space(s) shall ensure that such space shall be free of any and all trash and refuse with such being placed in the appropriate containers. Failure of the Vendor to clean their space may result in future refusal of Vendor application.
16. Vendor certifies that it maintains adequate liability insurance to cover any and all occurrences which may result in the damage or injury to any person or thing within the confines of the Vendor’s space or as a result of the Vendor’s actions at the festival.
This agreement has been read, understood and entered into freely, voluntarily and absent of duress by the parties filling out the application.